Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy St.Valentine!

Today I'll present you the cake that I have just finished for my Valentine, my true love, my husband. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any good pictures but I hope it will be nice surprise for him. 
The cake is red velvet.What else can you do for St.Valentine? I am joking but  for a long time I was planning to make a red velvet cake. And now it's the right time. 
The filling is the decadent Raffaello cream with abundance of cocoanut flakes ( one of my husband's favorite fillings). The lower cake I covered with strawberry jam instead of butter cream. This new recipe I learned form my very close friend Maria and immediately I decided to try it. For the people who knows me it's not something new but for all the others I would like to share with you that I am not a fan of the butter cream. That's why this option attracts me immediately.
The cage and the key are not edible. All the decorations are made out of fondant.






And Happy St. Valentine to everyone! Love, respect and support each other! Love is the driving force in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment