Friday, April 26, 2013

Afternoon treats

It's finally Friday! After a long and exhausting week, it's time to relax, to sit down, to drink a cup of our favorite coffee or tea, to start planning our weekend and of course, to treat ourselves with something sweet.
Today I made for you small afternoon treats - bites made out of finely ground raisins. It's like a healthy snack at the end of the day. Raisins, probably as you know, contain vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin B and vitamin E. Raisins are naturally cholesterol and fat free. As a health benefit, raisins are rich in antioxidants. I think that's enough to convince you that I suggest you a healthy dessert. 
I attached the raisin pieces with a little bit of water. I didn't use any other dried fruit or other ingredients like ground cookies which can add more flavor and texture just because I wanted something sweet on one side but not too sweet if you can understand me. I need something with light, slightly sour taste  and I added some ground cranberries to the mixture. At the end I rolled the raisin balls in finely ground cookies blended with finely ground dark chocolate. But the amount is really very lean. It's just more for decoration.
These afternoon treats probably won't satisfy everyone's taste but as I told you they are healthy replacement of everyday donuts and timbits. And you won't count the calories with each bite:)

Have a wonderful weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment