Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy birthday to me!

It's time to present you my cake - the cake that I made for my birthday. Probably most of you expect something special, extraordinary, something with abundance of decorations... Me too:)
If I should be honest with you I planned a cake a month ago completely different from what I'll present you today. But with the time and looking my schedule I found that I have no time to prepare a cake for myself. I was very busy and finally I took a decision to have my first birthday without a cake :(
But exactly at the last minute (in the late afternoon) the thought that somebody will have a birthday without a cake made me so miserable that with last strength I made a small cake (15cm) for 30min. (I am not including the baking time). It was a rich chocolate cake with my favorite filling made out of mascarpone with strawberries. Then I covered it with dark chocolate ganache and I spread the three fruit that I had in the fridge - strawberries, blackberries and blueberries.

It's time to see the cake....


As you can see nothing special...But I was happy that I had a cake for my birthday and last but not least, the cake was incredibly yummy-yummy. Even my kids ate their pieces and told me that this was the best cake that they had ever eaten!


No comments:

Post a Comment