Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Preparation for the International Children's Day

Yesterday I started looking for some cake ideas for June 1st - the International Children's Day. Although this Day is "International" here, in Canada, almost nobody knows about it. Here there is a weekend in August that is dedicated to the kids and there are plenty of activities for the whole family. It's a great fun! But in June 1st...nothing...
My friends who know me very well know that our family never misses a holiday! We enjoy the celebrations, the parties and the whole fun around them. That's why I want, of course, to surprise my kids with a cake made especially for them. Although my kids are very young and there isn't a big age difference between them, they have different interests and hobbies and I don't know how to include everything in one cake that will express what they like. That's why yesterday I made a colorful cake without any specific decorations but with nice colors. Anyway, this is just the beginning of my experiments for June 1st.
There wasn't any doubt when last night they first started picking up the blue sprinkles spread on the top of the cake and the tiny fondant flowers that I put around the top border. It was such a mess! But that was the point  - to make the kids happy!




And now I will refresh your memory with the cake that I made for my kids last year.


If you want to surprise your kid with a cake in his favorite colors and characters, I will be happy to create your gift and together we can bring smiles on his  face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment