Monday, June 3, 2013

Memories from my childhood

Today I made my favorite treats from my childhood. The name is "skalichka" (the translation in English is "small rock") and everybody from my country knows what I am talking about. Even if you haven't been fans to this treat I am sure everybody remembers how they looked like. Just in case I found some pictures in the net for you. 

 



Now do you remember them? They were almost in every patisserie ...And almost nobody liked them except me and my friend :) We have heard so many awful things about them, how they have been prepared and so on and so on but none of them stopped us from loving them. For me they were delicious treat!

Today, after so many years just all of a sudden I decided to prepare them at home. There are a lot of different recipes depending on your taste. Usually they are prepared like the cake pops here adding zest of lemon, always with melting chocolate on the top and sprinkled with cocoanut flakes...
I made mine with ground cookies, ground walnuts, almonds, cranberries, dates, all stuck together with cocoanut oil.
You can add some drops of alcohol that you like, rum for example. Sprinkle them with cocoanut flakes or with some colorful sprinkles.Everything is in your hands! Enjoy them! They are irresistibly yummy!


 I was so in a hurry today  that I forgot to sprinkle the cocoanut flakes :) Anyway, they are just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment