Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Plum cake

Yesterday I decided to make a cake for my family with a new recipe. Actually there wasn't any recipe. I made my own :) Hopefully I think that I found the right proportions. The cake was delicious, with light cream, perfect for the hot summer days. And here is my recipe:

Plum cake - The cake is made in 8" springform pan

 - thin decadent chocolate layer, deeply soaked with coffee

Cream
1/3 box of mascarpone ( 1 box is approximately 500g)
1/2 box ricotta
3-4 tbsp. sour cream
6 tbsp. agave syrup
approx. 300g dried plums previously soaked in water 
cocoanut flakes (optional)

Mix all the ingredients for the cream in a deep bowl using mixer. Then spread it over the chocolate layer, level it with a spatula and place the pan in the fridge. Leave it there for at least 4 hours. Then decorate it according  your taste. I put slices of plums and spread some cocoanut flakes around the cake. Good luck and I hope you like my new plum cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment