Monday, January 27, 2014

Very rich chocolate cake


Happy birthday, Kolya! We wish you good health, happiness and great achievements!
 
This cake is for the husband's birthday of one of my very close friends. Me and my husband, we both decided to surprise him with this rich chocolate cake. Definitely, it's rich because it's made out of decadent chocolate layers attached with chocolate cream and all this is covered with irresistibly delicious chocolate ganache. No fancy decorations, very simple but very stylish and I hope very tasty :). The idea with the blue sprinkles came honestly at the very last moment....

 
This cake has a very emotional story. First, as I told you it supposed to be a surprise and I didn't know at what time I could deliver it at my friend's house without mentioning anything about the surprise. Because it was a surprise not only for the husband but for my friend too. That's why first before leaving home with the cake, I phoned my friend secretly asking some questions to understand if they would stay at home. Till this moment the mission was completely successful! We reached their house in this extremely cold day and immediately when I left the car a strong wind tried to blow away not only me but the whole cake box. It was hard to keep it in my hands. Successfully I reached the entrance, I called my friends, immediately I thought out a stupid lie asking the husband to come down and to open the entrance door. And Kolya in a minute was down, I was happy that I could give him the surprise and....in that moment I lost balance, the cake box started going somewhere, I couldn't realized what was going on till the moment when I saw the cake box fallen on the floor!!! Imagine - my cake was on the floor, in front of the person who was supposed to be surprised?!?! Oh, yes, definitely, that was a surprise! But what a surprise? For a second I was shocked, stressed, I couldn't believe it, I didn't know to cry or to laugh. But instinctively I jumped, picked up the box and turned it up. For a second I wondered should I opened it but immediately I opened it. And here was my biggest surprise - the cake was untouched!!!! Again I couldn't believe what was going on. Now I was extremely happy that I didn't destroy the cake but on the other side I start wondering how this was possible. Anyway, it was a cake, not a plastic toy! Imagine how cold was outside and how frozen was my cake even if it survived this ridiculous incident!
 
Anyway, after some seconds I decided that this was the funniest cake delivery. It was like a comedy unfortunately I was the main character :) But beside this funny accident I am glad that we succeeded surprising Kolya  and we wish him all the best!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment