Saturday, February 15, 2014

More ladybugs


This cake is for the birthday of my daughter Kalina with her friends from the daycare. And because she was born on February 14th, St. Valentine's Day, I made the traditional red velvet cake with very tender cream made out of sour cream, cream cheese icing and fluffy vanilla whipping cream. For this cake I was inspired by a similar cake that I have found in a cake book. There were bees instead of ladybugs and daisies instead of hearts. As you can see there isn't a lot of  in common but my idea came in that way :) Later on I was inspired by some paper cupcakes that you will see in some of my pictures.
I made some cupcakes in red velvet covered with pink whipping cream and some made out of  oatmeal, cranberries, dried dates and on the top I spread my favorite cream of mascarpone and organic blueberries. 
With this post I'll stop with the ladybugs. I hope you are not completely bored with these cute insects because now are coming the pictures and there are a lot of them :)


 

 

 
Now you can see how I painted and decorated the cake.




It's time for the cupcakes.....


And these are the cupcake paper that inspired me to paint something similar on the cake. Unfortunately on the pictures you can't see all the details and how beautiful and delicate are the cupcakes papers.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment