Sunday, June 8, 2014

Blueberry cake


This purple cake I made for my true love - my husband. He adores the cream that I made with mascarpone and fresh berries and that's why I decided to surprise him with something sweet made only for him. Very often I made this favorite cream with a mixture of wild berries or only with strawberries. This time I had very sweet and juicy blueberries and immediately I used part of them for my surprise. At the bottom I baked chocolate layer and then I spread my cream. I chilled it in the fridge for couple of hours and then I decorated it with fresh blueberries and some mint leaves. And here we go...


 
Here it's the moment to share with you an amazing gift that I have received recently from a very close friend. This girl, my friend, is very special to me and that's why her gift is very precious. By the way,it's very beautiful! It's simply stunning!
Now when you'll see it I'm sure you will agree with me. It's an unique present and as it written on the label "it is unique one of a kind piece of glass art". I won't torture you anymore. Here it is....

Isn't it simply incredible? It's made of a special glass called Dichroic Glass (that's what is written on the label; before that I had never heart of that kind of material). It has a multi layer coating similar to this one of a gemstone.It also has a transmitted color and a completely different reflective one. That's why this necklace change its color depending on the angle of view and the colors that it is surrounded by.....That's what I have read on a small label explaining the uniqueness of this glass. If you are interested you can find more info concerning the Dichroic Glass in the net.
I just wanted to share with you this precious for me gift and I used the occasion to show you how it suits my purple cake :)


Unfortunately, my friend can't try the dessert now but I hope she will enjoy the photo :)
 
Thank you, my dear friend!!!!!You will be always in my heart! I'm blessed that I have met you, I am blessed that I know a person like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment