Wednesday, July 30, 2014

To my love

 

That cake I made for my husband. Today he celebrates his birthday and I wanted to surprise him with a cake,of course. But I have decided to make a very simple cake. No fondant, no decorations....just ordinary but very delicious cake. That idea I kept almost till the moment I grabbed the flour and the eggs. I won't forgive myself if I won't make him a cake that I had planned since last year. A cake that represents his hobby and passion - the cars and mainly WV. This is not a surprise for the people that know him and all his friends...That's why immediately I started making a cake with the WV symbol.
 
 
It's again fondant cake made out of very thin chocolate layers. There are tiny éclairs with vanilla cream and strawberry cream between them - a combination of all his favorite tastes and flavors.
The top edge of the cake I tried to make it look like a car tire. I used a cake crimper.
Probably you are wondering why I put the dark blue heart on the front. There isn't any connection with the theme WV but it expresses my endless love towards my husband.
Happy birthday, my love!!!!
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment