Saturday, August 16, 2014

My girl is 6!!!!

 

My little girl Sophia is already 6 years old!!!! I still can't believe it....Although we have been talking about that day for a long, long time discussing the presents and the cake, I still can't believe that Sophia is already six years old.
My daughter was born in summer time and that's why we always celebrated her birthdays at the nearby park inviting a lot of friends and families. The park is enormous, there was plenty of space for the kids to play, run, jump...do whatever they want. It was always a nice occasion to meet our friends. But this year it was different. Our "old" enough daughter decided that the time to celebrate only with girls and classmates came :)We decided to respect her wish and we invited only her friends and we made almost "only girls' party" :) 
And here it's the moment to mention that the theme of our 6th birthday was....."Frozen". Are you surprised? Probably,no....as you noticed the girls at that age adore the Disney movie "Frozen". One of her present was Elsa's dress. Imagine how happy was Sophia when she opened the gift.
 
Dear Sophia, we love you!!!! We wish you always to be happy and be a princess in the real life!
 
This year I decided not to make anything special....just a cake and that's it. But look at what happened....Everything started with the cookies "snowflakes".
 
 
 
 
Each cookie is decorated differently. Then I decided that Sophia would be extremely happy if I made cookies with "Frozen" images. I ordered some edible images and here it's the final result....

 
 
These cookies are gluten-free.

Then I decided that I have to stop with the cookies. Another idea came in my mind - most people like cupcakes. Immediately I decided to make dozen of them and I had already chosen how to decorate them. I found "Frozen" rings some weeks ago and I thought that this would be very nice surprise for all girls. Now they would have a small gift and precious memory from Sophia's birthday :) And because there was a choice for the rings (plastic snowflakes, crowns and rings with images of all the movie characters), of course I made some with the images for the girls' party and some with the snowflakes and crowns for her friends from the daycare. Although Sophia left the daycare last year she still adores to play with her little friends.
 
 
 
These muffins are with blueberries and blue butter cream on the top. The ring is made out of plastic.
 
The other muffins for the daycare are banana ones.
 
 

And the last ones are chocolate muffins with chocolate chips. They were for Sophia's friends from the park where they play every single night and for their parents. Unfortunately the weather on that day wasn't very nice, far away from the real summer - windy and rainy. That's why we couldn't surprise a lot of our friends....Never mind...next year... :) Now only photos...

 
 
 
 
Some of the snowflakes on the top of some of the muffins are edible - they were for the boys and the muffins with the plastic rings were for the girls and their mothers :)

After so many preparations for this year's birthday I started with the cake. "Frozen", of course :)
It was made out of vanilla layers with colorful bits (Sophia's choice) and between them I arranged mini éclairs with vanilla cream. Among the éclairs I spread fluffy homemade chocolate cream...The toys were plastic bought from far, far away and strictly kept for this special moment :)
Let's start only with Elsa...

 
 
 
 
 And now I added the other characters....


 
 
And the final arrangement -  everything that I have prepared for my precious Sophia....

 
 
These blue packages in Elsa's cup are Mr. Freeze - everything in blue.


 


We love you, dear Sophia!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment