Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Hazelnut muffins


This is my last experiment at home :) One day I was starving for something sweet but not only sweet. Something not bought from the market, without any artificial colors and flavor. Immediately I found the fridge and the cupboards in the kitchen. I checked what I have and what I want to eat right now. And look at what I have mixed:
  • hazelnuts
  • dried cranberries
  • dried blueberries
  • granola
  • golden flax meal
  • organic buckwheat flour
  • water
  • xanthan gum
  • egg
  • cocoanut oil

Probably, you have noticed that I didn't use any sugar. Yes, that's right. The only sweerness came from the dried fruit. That's was enough for me. Of course, you can always add some sugar or honey or agave. 
Unfortunately, I can't give you the right proportions because it was my creation for less than 2 minutes.  You can make your own experiment with what you have at home and of course what you like. 
The muffin mixture I baked for about  20 min. in preheated oven 350F (180C)

I adore muffins with dried fruit and nuts. If they are more, it's better. That's why for me this recipe is perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment