Saturday, October 18, 2014

Wedding cake blue and white

Dear Silvia and Alex, I wish you the whole happiness in the world! Be happy, love strongly each other like the first day you have met! Keep the passion, the confidence, the respect ... I wish you long and happy life together!


This wonderful couple I met 6 months ago when they asked me for a wedding cake...I made different samples, we discussed a lot of flavors, fillings, cake designs...and finally they picked me up to make their wedding cake. Thank you, Silvia and Alex for the trust and confidence!
Silvia, the bride, have brought me the figurine. The young couple also sent me a picture of a wedding cake that they liked very much. I had the task to make the same cake. Sometimes it's not so easy to make a copy of a cake because you try to make it exactly the same...and it never works that way :(
Anyway, I was happy that the wedding was planned for October - not so warm,not so cold,sometimes without any snow and ice, time without any high humidity....
It is not a  secret for the people making fondant cakes that the fondant "killer" (as I call it) is the high humidity. Everything is sticky, it's difficult sometimes even to cover the cake, imagine to make any decorations. The cake starts "sweating" in front of you just in seconds. One mistake and that's it. Sometimes there isn't any chance and possibility to correct it.
Probably, you guess where I am going - exactly these days the air humidity was so high like we were in July.The cake was |sweating", I was sweating around it. My fingers were trembling nervously... Full disaster!!!! And this was a wedding cake...for a lot of people...All the time I imagined that I was the bride, somebody was making my wedding cake and at the end everything was spoiled. Nightmare!
I couldn't do anything like this. It's unforgivable, unprofessional. That's why I concentrated, I gave everything of me and I started the battle with the humidity. Probably, for most of you, this is very funny or stupid,but not for me at this crucial moment....
There were a lot of emotions these days - memories from the time when I got married, the thrill, the passion and the love, how beautiful was my wedding in my eyes, the disappointment from the weather (by the way I adore hot weather but not these days when I had to prepare a big wedding cake), the trembling fingers and the stress....
But I'll make the long story short - the cake was delivered successfully to the restaurant and it was put immediately in the big fridge.


Now I'm waiting for the photos from the wedding...



Here, I would like to apologize to all of you who are reading this post. I couldn't take professional photos and unfortunately I can't show you the real beauty of the cake.













Dear Silvia and Alex, keep the love and passion forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment