Monday, January 26, 2015

Lemon muffins and poppy seeds


My first lemon muffins...Being honest with you I have never been attracted by that type of muffins. Just the idea of a lemon makes my body shudder. But all of a sudden I changed my mind. I decided finally to try to prepare these lemon muffins at home.


I used the following recipe:

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour 
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large egg, lightly beaten

poppy seeds

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); make a well in center. Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (through egg). Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Add poppy seeds.
3. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment