Saturday, February 28, 2015

Nikola's cake - part 2


This is my son's second cake for his 10th birthday. He wanted to celebrate it with some close friends at home. The interesting part of this cake is inside but I'll post photos later on when we will cut the cake.

Nikola asked me for a cake without fondant and any other fancy decorations. Just to cover it with chocolate and to write "Happy birthday Nikola" in French with blue butter cream. Probably it looks easy but my son was one my most "pretentious" clients :)

Of course, the problem came from me....I decided to spread some blue icing powder on the cake and some blue sugar sparkling sprinkles around the cake. Just to make it a little bit more fancy...My son saw the cake he wasn't happy at all. He repeated again: " I just wanted very simple chocolate cake. Only the letters in blue". OK,I shouldn't do anything like that..I should follow "my client's requirements". Rule # 1. But because that is my son I thought that probably he would be happy to see something a little bit different that absolutely simple chocolate cake...

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to disappointed him one more time. Beside all this that was my son's birthday. I was thinking to remove everything from the top and to cover it with chocolate ganache. It was 10 o'clock in the evening and I was very exhausted from the day but...I had to repair my failure....

Then Nikola came and he suggested " Just make some chocolate borders around the cake. Whatever you choose, some stars sound good..." Thanks God!
I started immediately. My son was happy to see the new cake look and we went to bed happy and satisfied :)

Here is the cake before the chocolate borders...





And now it's time to show what is inside....Are you ready?


Six different colors - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple are glowing from inside.
All the kids were pleasantly surprised. All the pieces disappeared. The cream between the layers was chocolate with sour cream. It was light and fluffy.



Happy birthday, dear Nikola! We wish you very colorful life like the cake full of bright and beautiful moments!




No comments:

Post a Comment