Thursday, February 26, 2015

Our son's anniversary



Happy birthday, dear Nikola! Today it's a very special day for our family. Ten years ago on that day our first kid was born. When I was his face for the first time I fell in love with him. It was the cutest baby face that I had ever seen. In my eyes he was with perfectly white skin,with some blond hairs and I saw a shining aureole around his face. In my mind he looked like a tiny sun. 
Yes, I know that most of you think that I was absolutely crazy. After the delivery is there a mother who is not crying of happiness when she sees for the first time her baby? That baby, of course, is the cutest one for each woman, the meaning of her life and that's absolutely normal...

I just wanted to share with you my first thought when Nikola was born ten years ago.

Today he is a young boy with a lot of demands.

Nikola asked me to make some cookies for his classmates. Of course, I was more than happy to make something that will make my son happy. But I know that it's forbidden to bring any cakes, cookies, muffins at schools. The reason for this restriction is the high percentage of kids with different allergies. Anyway I decided to ask Nikola's teacher for a permission knowing very well the answer. Surprisingly, she told me "Yes".

And here are the cookies for Nikola's classmates





My son asked me for 19 cookies + 1 for the teacher. That's why I made one special for the lady.


I put it in a box and wrapped it.


Then I decided to make the sign "Happy birthday Nikola" in French because my son studies in a French school. Each letter was on a separate cookie. I needed it some more cookies  and that's why the rest I decorated with "happy faces" printed on edible rice paper.



 Well, these are the cookies...In my next post I'll continue with the cake. The idea for the cake design belongs to Nikola :)

No comments:

Post a Comment