Sunday, April 5, 2015

Цветница


Today is a beautiful spring day. Today is Tzvetnitza,a special day a week before Easter. All people with  a flower or tree name celebrate their Name Day today.

Today my youngest daughter celebrates too. This yellow cake is for her. I didn't planned to make any cakes for that day because I was busy with other cake orders. I was thinking to prepare some muffins or something simple.

Everything started with the yellow paper cups that you see.I adore the yellow color and when I saw them in the store immediately I decided to buy them and to use them for this special day. Yesterday I changed my first idea to make vanilla cupcakes decorated with fondant flowers. I replaced my idea with some desserts with fresh fruit.




I filled the paper cups with ground vanilla layers mixed with maple syrup and ricotta cheese. Then I poured homemade vanilla cream and the top I decorated with fresh pineapple, blackberries and strawberries.

Hopefully my kids liked them a lot :)


Last night (I don't want why) I asked my youngest daughter who celebrates today what she thinks about my idea with the fruit desserts. Unfortunately,she seriously declared that she wanted a cake!!!! It was 19.00,I was tired, I didn't want to stay any longer in the kitchen, I just wanted to relax...And looked at what happened?!?!?!

I didn't want to disappoint my daughter. Immediately I grab the flour, the eggs...and I started making a cake...I haven't any idea what cake to make, what kind of decoration to use... I just wanted something yellow because the small desserts were in yellow paper cups, because I love this color and I always make a connection with sun and warm weather.

The cake is made out of vanilla, chocolate and 3 layers of read velvet - very colorful combination. The filling is chocolate cream with sour cream.


And then I wrapped the cake with the yellow fondant. Now the problems came, one after another. I don't know if I was too tired or there was a problem with the fondant...but it started tearing and falling apart....I was stressed and nervous. And I didn't have enough time. I wanted to go to sleep and on the next day I was supposed to surprise my daughter in the morning. But let makes the long story short - that was the most difficult  cake. I am honest with you. And I can't find any logical explanation. I think I was too tired...

But here is the final result...


It's simple but very yellow :) I added a purple ribbon to make it more stylish for the young lady who immediately noticed it and made the statement " I wanted exactly the same ribbon! I love it! ". After such warm words everybody will forget all the difficulties from the last night.


I added only these 3 flowers because I wanted to keep as simple as it's possible. The ribbon was big enough and the cake was small - only 15 cm diameter and more than 11 cm high.


Hopefully my daughter liked her cake a lot. And the taste was very good, fresh and full of flavors.
Happy holiday,my dear Kalina! We love you!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment