Sunday, April 19, 2015

My cake


Here it is-my cake, my birthday cake! Today is my birthday and I decided to make a cake for myself too. Besides the other cakes orders I took some hours off for myself. Of course, my eyes are closing right now but I am happy what I have done :)

I planned the cake a long time ago. At the very beginning I knew that I wanted a cake with a ball on the top covered with purple flowers. 



I bought a Styrofoam ball, I made a lot of purple hydrangea flowers and I attached them to the ball. OK, with this part I was ready but I hadn't any idea what to do later on.

Then came the idea to make some laces. The idea was perfect but I have never made them. I found the recipe how to prepare the laces but it was hard to find all the ingredients. Then the whole lace preparation process took me a lot of time but I was so excited that nothing could stop me.


I was obsessed by the purple color. That's why I prepared two different nuances of that color and finally I decided not to add anything else.
And some words what is inside the cake. Vanilla layers attached by light cream of ricotta cheese, mascarpone and dark cherries.



No comments:

Post a Comment