Monday, May 11, 2015

Mango dessert


It's summer time! Finally...We,all, were so exhausted from this long, cold and boring winter that right now we are feeling like brand-new people. Happy, satisfied, full of energy and dreams. Amazing!

At this time of the year we prefer our desserts to be light, juicy, full of fruit...That's why last days I decided to make a dessert that corresponds to the season.

First, I would like to mention here that the recipe is completely mine. I didn't follow any strict rules and measurements. That's why probably I will not be very helpful this time but when you see my idea I am 100% that everyone of you can create her own unique dessert.


As you can see from the photo the first layer is made out of finely ground cookies, cacao powder and cocoa nut oil. Usually the recipe for this layer is made out of melted butter but I decided to replace it with cocoa nut oil. I didn't baked with layer. I put it for awhile in the freezer. Then I spread a very thin layer of wild berries jam. 

Then the second layer came :). It's a strawberry pudding. I used the pudding powder bought in a packet. You use it with cold milk and 2-4 table spoons sugar. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the company but it's the same as Dr. Oetker's puddings which are the most popular on the market. Just bring the blend to boil stirring constantly with a whisk until thickened. Then I added the gelatin powder already dissolved first in cold water then in hot water. (just follow the instructions on your gelatin packet). I put the pudding in the fridge and it stayed there approximately 3 hours.

I layered the pink pudding and around the cake I made the the swirls with fluffy white icing. And it's time for the fruit. Of course, here you can put whatever you like....My choice this time was mango. It's a fresh fruit and I adore it.


To attract my kids I spread some colorful decorations around the dessert. And that's it! Enjoy it :)





No comments:

Post a Comment