Friday, May 1, 2015

Spice cake dessert with strawberries


Here it is - my dessert for today. It's a spice cake. And it's gluten free. The ingredients inside are:
  • 250g  gluten-free blend ( white and brown rice flour, tapioca starch, garbanzo bean flour, potato starch, amaranth flour),
  • 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
  • 1 tsp.baking powder
  • molasses powder
  • xanthan gum,
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp. ground mace
  • pinch of ground pepper and ground cloves
  • 3 tbsp. finely ground fresh ginger
  • 2 eggs
  • 80ml. water
  • 90mn oil
  • ground walnuts
  • cranberries
  • vanilla
  • lemon zest

The mixture was very thick and sticky and I thought I made a mistake with the liquids. I checked again but everything was OK. Finally I decided to bake it in that way and I crossed my fingers :)
I baked the mixture at 340 F for 40min. And look at what happened:)



I cooled the dessert and then I covered it with melted chocolate (cream+chocolate). On the top I spread the ground walnuts (the same that I used for my blend). I cut some fresh strawberries and spread them in the hole of the dessert...and that's it!


Honestly I couldn't wait for the my piece...It was delicious, incredibly delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment