Friday, June 5, 2015

Happy birthday,my dear Maria



Happy birthday,my dear friend! Today's the birthday of my very close friend Maria. I decide to make this cake especially for her.

I planned this surprise a long time ago but very often I gave up with this idea. Probably you are wondering why. Of course, it's not because I don't want to make a present but because my friend live very far,far away from me...This cake is my virtual gift to her. She can't try it. And I am not so sure that the photos can express all my feelings, my emotions at this day. 


The reason why I made this cake for Maria is very simple. The dessert is raw. And Maria was the first person in my life who opened my eyes and my mind to these delicious treats. Every time when there was an occasion Maria prepared a raw dessert. She sent me later on a lot of recipes but I have never had the chance to make them or to post them.


This cake I dedicate to Maria and that's why I chose the name "Maria".

Now I'll give you the recipe

Ingredients: (for 20cm=8" cake)

For the crust:
1 cup of ground raw almonds
1 cup pf dried dates,pitted
juice of 1 lemon

For the filling:
3 cup raw cashews (previously soaked in water for 3 hours)
1 cup water
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup almond butter
454g fresh strawberries (1 box)

For the decoration:
454g fresh strawberries,cut into halves
melted coconut cream

All ingredients for the filling I mixed in the blender. Then I used a big round salad dish. The diameter of this round dish is again 20cm. I covered its walls with the halves of fresh strawberries. The strawberries that I used were almost 1 box (454g). Then I gently filled the round dish with the filling. I left it in the freezer for 1 hour. Then I turned it over the crust (I started with it, again with the blender) and I decorated with melted coconut cream. I used real strawberry leaves for the decoration.

It's very light, juicy and healthy cake. And it's made with love!



No comments:

Post a Comment