Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Ninja Turtles cake



Happy birthday, dear Tino! Have a great birthday party full of memorable surprises, desired gifts and a lot of friends!


Konstantin (or Tino as all kids from the daycare call him) celebrates today his 5th birthday. His cake wish are the Turtles Ninjas. 















After so many photos of the turtles from different angles, it's time to give you some explanations. All the figurines are made out of fondant. I made them in advance. Usually when I have to make some figures I prefer to make them couple of days earlier before the pick-up day for the cake. In that way I am not so stressed and I can spend more time baking the layers, preparing the fillings, covering the cake with fondant...From the photos you can notice what the humidity makes with the fondant. The poor turtles look like they are poured into water :)

Tino mentioned that he wants the rat too - Master Splinter. And here came the biggest problem. I made it so many times and every time It looked to me like a wolf :(. Finally I was so frustrated and desperate that I left it like that. My kids noticed my emotions and they tried to calm me down saying "It's OK. Yes, it looks like a rat...." And in a second or two they added" A little bit like a rat, a little bit like a wolf". And this statement has just killed me... But this Master Splinter was out of my competence....Anyway, I don't want to make this post dedicated to the Rat :)





To feel better I added some pizza pieces :). And I hope I made the turtles feel better too.





The cake is made out of 2 different layers - chocolate and vanilla filled with colorful sprinkles. The filling is made out of mascarpone, sour cream and wild berries.

I hope that Tino will like his cake. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment