Saturday, August 15, 2015

Butterfly cake



My daughter's birthday wish this year was to have Girls Party. Poor Nikola, her brother, was  left alone among Sophia's girl friends...But what can we do? That was her wish. Hopefully Nikola is old enough (10 years old!) to understand and appreciate his sister birthday wish. 

Of course, we couldn't invite all of her friends. I was glad that this year Sophia had listened to me and agreed to invite some of her old friends with whom she doesn't communicate very often right now. The reason for this is that our kids go to different schools, meet different people, find more new friends and sometimes we forget about the old friends, the kids they had grown together...

Anyway, let's make the long story short :)
This year the birthday theme are the butterflies. This week on Sophia's birthday I posted the butterfly cookies that I made for her. Now it's time for the cake...Again more butterflies :)






The butterflies are edible made out of rice paper and specially ordered from the UK. The idea with the butterflies came some weeks ago when I found that this year my daughter hasn't strictly followed some movies. She has a lot of interests but this year she wasn't a big fan of some movie character. Last year we were obsessed by Frozen. This year - nothing particular. That's why I suggested to make something neutral but colorful and fancy. Sophia agreed immediately and I was ready to think about the cake design.

Here it's the time to mention that this cake is my first one with airbrush. What a thrill and enthusiasm!




The cake inside is very colorful, like the butterflies :) I made a zebra cake using 6 different colors - yellow, orange, electric green, pink, blue and electric purple. I made also traditional vanilla layers and I used them in turns. The filling is different in all three tiers - homemade chocolate cream (no butter), vanilla filling with sour cream and fresh blueberries and purple frosting.

The most important was that Sophia liked her cake. She helped me arranging with the butterflies on the cake. That is a reason why I decided to name my sweet hobby CakeSophia!!!! My daughter is my support and inspiration!

We love you,dear Sophia! Enjoy your party!


No comments:

Post a Comment