Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Orange treats


Let's start the day with something irresistibly delicious. My new orange candies are made accidentally. Yes, that's right. I planned to make a different dessert but because I made a mistake I finished with these treats.


But let's start step by step. I found a recipe in the net that attracted me a lot - Flourless dessert. Immediately I decide to try it and to prepare something different for my family.

I was in a hurry preparing this dessert. But usually I am working in that way that's why this didn't bother me. I spread the batter in the pan and after 10 min while I was cleaning the table, the dishes and the whole mess around me I found that I had forgotten to put one of the main ingredients in my batter - the ground almonds. Oh,noooo.....Some seconds I was thinking what to do. Finally I decided to wait while the dessert was baked and then I'll decide to throw it in the garbage or something else.


When the dessert was completely baked I decided that it wouldn't be eaten like this. Immediately I put it the blender where my almonds were still waiting for my final decision. I ground everything and with the mixture I made these small balls. I poured the melted chocolate and on the top I put a pistachio.

Let's stop talking..It's time for the recipe:

Flourless French Chocolate Orange Cake with Glaze
Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup almonds (skin on) and grind finely 
  • 3/4 cup or 4 oz semi sweet chocolate (melt after measuring) 
  • 2/3 cup sugar 
  • 3 eggs 
  • Grated rind of 1 large orange 
  • 1/4 cup very fine bread crumbs 
  • Glaze: 2 oz unsweetened chocolate 2 oz semi sweet chocolate 
  • 1/4 butter 
  • 2 tsp honey vanilla extract if desired


Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 375 F
  • Butter pan then line bottom with parchment
  • Cream butter and sugar then add eggs and beat very well
  • Stir in melted chocolate, nuts, orange rind and breadcrumbs thoroughly with a rubber spatula
  • Pour into pan and bake for 25 minutes
  • Cool in pan for 20 minutes...turn out on to rack and cool completely
  • Place cake in freezer...then start the glaze

Glaze:
Melt all in double boiler and pour over the very cold cake...it will cover it completely
Decorate as you wish....



No comments:

Post a Comment