Monday, January 4, 2016

The cars cake


This cake is for Alexander's 3rd birthday. The boy, unfortunately, I've never met. His mom ordered the cake and the lady came to pick it up. She wanted to hide the cake from her son and to keep the surprise till the next day when the young boy will celebrate in his daycare.





The cake is chocolate with very light chocolate cream with no butter. The mom didn't want a fondant cake. That's why I spread around only chocolate fudge. Some of the decorations are made out of fondant. I used green colored vanilla frosting for the grass, finely ground ginger cookies for the sand, very pretty chocolate stones and the two cars are plastic toys used for cake decorations. They will be Alexander's gift. I hope the boy will be happy with his cake.


I don't know how it happen (probably from some moisture and because the cake wasn't covered by fondant) but "my road" started collapsing. I noticed that in the morning when I took the cake out of the fridge to take some pictures and to put it into the box. The lady was supposed to come in minutes. And all of a sudden I noticed the bumps on the road. I was getting nervous. I hadn't time to replace the whole road (number 3) and even if I had I was going to spoil some of the other decorations. That's why very carefully I replaced the lower curve. You can notice this on my first photo. The asphalt is darker but in that way I thought it will be more interesting and more close to the real roads...:)




No comments:

Post a Comment