Sunday, February 14, 2016

St. Valentine's roses for Mariya


Happy birthday, Mariya!Be very healthy and happy girl!


This heart of roses was for Mariya's birthday. The idea for the cake belongs to the young girl. She and her mom sent me couple of pictures with different ideas and finally we took the decision for a cake like this one. I hope that Mariya liked her sweet surprise.






The cake was made out of pink and blue layers. I made them only with egg whites because in that way the colors are better looking. Unfortunately, the layers were very fragile and it was very difficult to cover the whole cake with butter cream. Even when it stayed three hours with a ring in the fridge, I was scared that the cake would collapse....

That's why I decided to wrap it around with a blue fondant. The roses were made out of fondant too. I used also some lace underneath them.







No comments:

Post a Comment