Sunday, July 31, 2016

Cakes for my husband


Yesterday was my husband's birthday....As you can see from the small sign on the top of the cake (for the people who don't understand Bulgarian, it's written "We love you" )we wanted to express sweet and shortly our deep love towards him. He is an amazing father and loving husband.


I decided to surprise my husband with candy box cake in the shape of a heart. The cake is raw. It's made out of finely ground dried fruit (apricots, plums and raisins) and nuts (pecans and hazelnuts). I added coconut flakes, coconut oil and that's it. The mix I put in a heart pan and I left in for a night in the freezer. On the next day I made the decorations of the candy box out of fondant and on the top I spread real chocolate candies that I bought from the store.









You know me - I am taking too many pictures :)

This year I made second cake for y husband too. I wasn't sure that most of our guests will like the specific taste of this cake and I decided to make another one - more traditional - a rustic cake. 


Mix of chocolate and red velvet layers. Cream of cream cheese and chocolate frosting, Swiss Mocha light cream and abundance of fruit. This time I used grapes, peaches and blueberries. The decoration is chocolate ganache, finely ground almonds and fresh fruits.









Happy birthday, my love!!!!! We wish you all the best! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment