Sunday, October 16, 2016

Cake for friends





This cake I made for some of our friends who were our guests last weekend. We haven't seen each other for a long, long time although we live not so far away...

Anyway, I decided to prepare something sweet for the end of our evening together. At the very beginning I planned something simple and easy to make. Exactly, at the last moment, I changed my mind. Our friends have two daughters and that's why I decided to make something pinkish.



The cake is chocolate and the filling is strawberry cream with fresh strawberries cut into small pieces. Being honest with you I don't know the cake preferences of our guests but I know what my husband likes :)



The ideas for the cake design came spontaneously. I found some lace molds that I haven't used till today although I bought them more than 3 years ago...Immediately these molds changed my first idea for the cake design.

When the cake was ready I was in a hurry to catch the day light  and to take better, more realistic photos...




...because look at the photos taken late in the evening...The colors are so....different...I can't believe that it's one and the same cake?!?!!




No comments:

Post a Comment