Saturday, October 1, 2016

Candy cake


This colorful cake I made for my family and our friends who came this weekend to see us. As you can see the cake is very bright, full of colors and abundance of different candies.



I bought so many different candies following just one rule - to be in yellow, orange and red color. I adore these warm colors. I haven't taste them. I am not a candy lover but when I showed them to my kids, they were very excited and impatient to try them.




I planned to make very colorful cake mainly in yellow and orange. I used vanilla frosting colored in these two colors. No fondant was used this time. I spread some chocolate glaze on the top. I started pouring the glaze only around the rim of the cake. It was so funny and interesting. I felt like a small kid helping her mom in the kitchen. Playing with the glaze, I completely forgot to stop because the cake wasn't so chilled and I noticed that I was loosing the edge of the cake. But never mind...Then I started choosing the candies, the strawberry macaroons, the waffle cookies, the jelly beans, the sprinkles...



Around the cake I arranged almond cookies. Now some words for the cake inside....Chocolate layers with delicious Swiss Mocha cream....Sounds very yummy-yummy...Being honest with you, the cake is for us, the adults and the candies are for the kids :)




No comments:

Post a Comment