Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Christmas treats - part 1


Today I'll start series of Christmas treats that I'll prepare or I have already prepared for the upcoming holidays. My first post will be dedicated to this delicious chocolate winter cake. It's really very weird how I  combined a winter cake with this evergreen grass. 
The photo was taken in one of those days when there wasn't any snow or rain or icy rain. Hopefully this year the fall was very warm and charming. There were plenty of sunny days when you could make walk outside. Unfortunately, today, it's just the opposite. It rained almost the whole day, it was gloomy and humid and cold...



And now some words about the cake. It's a combination of cherry-flavored and vanilla layers. The recipe for the filling is absolutely mine. It was very light and fluffy chocolate cream made without any butter. The cake was tall more than 10 cm but I made it to look taller with the chocolate "wrap".The Christmas leaves are edible and I transferred them from a transparent sheet to the melted chocolate.



On the top of the cake I spread some meringues and chocolate swirls with the same Christmas design.



The cake was shared with friends of us. I good end of a nice day! Enjoy it!




No comments:

Post a Comment