Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Christmas yule log cake



The Yule Log Cake I made especially for my family. I used a recipe that I'll share with you right now.



Preheat the oven to 200 C. Then for the batter you need:
  • 3 eggs
  • 85 g. brown sugar
  • 85 g sifted flour
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract 
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
Lay the batter down in a pan with a nonstick paper  with dimensions 23 cm X 33 cm and bake approximately for 10-12 min (until it become golden or you can use a tooth stick to check if it's already baked).
Turn onto another sheet of paper, dusted with 1 tbsp caster sugar. Roll the paper up inside the sponge, then leave to cool completely. Sponge can be frozen for up to 1 month.

For the filling I created my own recipe with mascarpone, whipping cream and chocolate frosting. I added a little bit of shredded chocolate.


On the top of our Christmas yule log I spread melted chocolate and shredded almonds, some caster sugar.

I also made same balls covered by melted white chocolate and decorated with Christmas decorations.






Enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment